Flea Service : Pest Service
Flea Key Facts
- Adult fleas are small (averages 2mm in size) wingless insects, with flattened and red-brown.
- Fleas have backwardly directed spines and legs designed for jumping.
- The most common species of Flea is the Cat Flea.
- The mouthparts of an adult flea are adapted for sucking blood from a host.
- Female fleas lay as many as 50 eggs a day
- They avoid light and are often found around pet sleeping areas, along baseboards, in carpets or on furniture
WHY USE FLEA SERVICE
In the UK there is little evidence that Fleas spread disease. However, Flea bites can cause intense irritation around the central bright red spot. Different people react differently to a bite, both regarding the degree of reaction and time taken to react.
You might spot bites on you or family members, usually around ankles and legs. In humans, flea bites can produce an irritating and allergic reaction. The typical symptom of a flea bite is a small red spot about 5mm in diameter.
If you have an active infestation, you may see Fleas jumping in your carpet and furniture.