Squirrel Services : Pest Control
Heard something rustling in your attic or loft and suspect squirrels?
Squirrel Key Facts
- Grey squirrels Sciurus carolinensis are invasive pests, not nativ e to the UK.
- Grey squirrels are also responsible for the decline in native red squirrel Sciurus vulgaris numbers
- As well as causing physical damage and noise complaints, like other rodents, squirrels can cause contaminations.
- Like a rat a squirrels teeth are always growing
- Squirrel often enter home through holes in roofs. where they can be found taking insolation and damaging wood and boxes.
REASON FOR USING SQUIRREL SERVICES
Grey squirrels can cause damage when they enter roof spaces of houses and buildings. For example, they can:
- Chew on woodwork and ceilings
- Strip insulation from electrical wires
- Tear up fibreglass insulation
- Contaminate cold water tanks with urine and droppings.
People also report sleep issues due to the loud noises they make at night while they’re scuttling around your attic. Squirrels are most active before sunrise, especially in winter, but ends well before sunset. Their peak activity is activity is four-five hours before daybreak.