wasps entering garden utility box
Wasps Key Facts
- The venom in wasps contains a pheromone that causes other wasps to become more aggressive.
- The sting of a wasp should wear off within 24-48 hours but for a small minority of people the venom in their sting causes anaphylactic shock which can be fatal.
- Wasps live in colonies that form self-contained communities, each following a caste order of queens, males and workers.
- A male wasp is called a Drone. The job of the Drone is to mate with the Queen. After they have fulfilled this mission, they die shortly afterwards.
- In late summer, the colony produces males and new queens. They fly away to mate and the queens then find a place to hibernate. The cold weather eventually kills the males, workers and foundation queen.
REASON FOR USING WASP SERVICE
Wasps stings can be fatel to some people. If you’re sensitive to wasp stings then they can send you into anaphylaxis – a severe, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction.
Children, elderly people, those with allergies, and household pets are particularly sensitive to wasp stings.
If you see waps flying in and out of areas like roofs or into holes in external walls the best idea if you dont know what your doing is to call a professional.